I have just seen the "Harapan" debate hosted by Karen Davila and Julius Babao regarding the Reproductive Health Bill last night (May 8, 10:30 pm) on ABS-CBN and ANC and it was a frustrating watch.
On the affirmative side (Pro RH-Bill):
Rep. Janette Garin and Rep. Edcel Lagman, Rodrigo Tano, Carlos Celdran, Esperanza Cabral, Beth Angsioco, and Risa Hontiveros-Baraquel
On the negative side (Anti RH-Bill):
Rep. Anthony Golez, Rep. Roilo Golez, Dr. Ligaya Acosta, Fr. Melvin Castro, Atty. Jo Imbong, and Joey Lina.
The language used on this post is strong. Reader discretion is advised.
- Most politicians are good liars. A perfect example would be Rep. Roilo Golez who is recognized as one of best debaters in the House of Representatives. I think, however, that that talent remained hidden all-throughout the “Harapan” debate.
- RH-Bill opponents love lashing out insults. The devoutly Catholic tagged the RH-Bill anti-life, anti-family, pro-abortion and so on. They will also call you a demon, should you support the RH-Bill.
- Clergymen want more babies. But they are exempted from ever fucking you. Sorry sister, but no matter how good father looks, you can never, ever, fuck him. Because fucking is evil and most of them only bother with cute little boys anyway.
- Respect for cultural diversity is an option. Philippines is predominantly Catholic, so we should single out opinions that doesn’t agree with the Church’s teachings. Catholic Scriptures should count as reference materials to answer the big questions such as - when does life begin?
- Social awareness is optional. People who oppose the RH-Bill casts a blind eye to the unquestionable suffering at our metropolitan areas. Why don’ they try to expand their views as to take into consideration what the marginalized thinks?
- They care about the zygote. Nobody from those who opposed the RH-Bill, however, gives a damn to help the families who don’t have adequate resources to support their families.
- Simple solutions are the best solutions. Sex education should be levied to parents because parents enjoy teaching their kids about boobs, vaginas, and penises. Parents also love to elaborate about oral or anal sex or fucking positions for that matter should their children dare ask. Also, not having sex is so trending right now, sexual intercourse has never ever happened before marriage in the past.
- Boast before arguing. You must brag of your academic feats such as being a U.P. professor or student before making your claim. That will help lend credibility to the things that you say.
- More people are tantamount to prosperity and development. Because there’ll be less competition and more food for you if you have, let’s say, ten brothers and ten sisters. Joey Lina and the rest of the RH-Bill, stop working, you can adopt all the street children so you can be richer.
- Amending is flip-flopping. You must come up with a perfect bill the first time around, or else, there is no room for improvement, you are wrong, and the bill should be abolished.